Is "Sandy" an Engineered Storm?

There is a fair amount of talk that such a massive and disruptive hurricane, in such an unusual landing location, must be engineered-- possibly even by the Obama administration to affect the elections.  But I have not seen any convincing evidence in this regard.  Pointing out weird patterns on a satellite image, in the absence of careful comparisons, does not convince me.

For example:


While anything is "possible"-- I really doubt this storm is engineered.  I just don't think any weather modification technology we have is powerful enough to create and/or move such a massively energetic storm system.  The energy involved, that could be deployed without detection, would be far beyond our capabilities, in my opinion.

More likely is that this storm is more powerful than normal due to climate change-- global warming-- which is in fact predicted to produce stronger, larger and more powerful storms.